1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV27A Setup

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by highlander_777, Dec 7, 2004.

1. highlander_777

highlander_777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just recently purchased the above DVD.

Noticed that I do not have the latest firmware, 5.08. Can I upgrade it myself or do I need to go to a dealer?

Also, on page 8 of the manual it talks about audio delay on the 3/7 screen setup. either normal or progressive. I do not see that option. Does anyone else see this option?

Also, I am interested in how users have connected this player to enjoy DVD-A ?

Finally, the progressive scan option. Not sure I undertand what it means on the 2/7 menu when it states that you can change to support progressive scan. Can anyone shed some light on this? :smashin:

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Supposed to be an upgrade by dealer only, or download the software and burn to cd and do it yourself.

The delays are listed individually as PAL and NTSC. As you have updated software, it is an improvement on what it was originally like as per the instruction book. Now disc regions can be 'delayed' independently.

I use 6 rca leads from the dvd to amp, and that's it. The 27a does all the processing for cd and dvd. Sounds better.

Prog scan is what I use full stop. As my 27a is connected to a plasma, it's the best output it can provide, as my plasma can accept that signal. Better picture. You could also use interlaced, RGB, S Video or composite, all depends on your display and which you think looks best.