DV27a settings questions (newbie alert!)

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone confirm what the audio delay settings should be on an Arcam DV27a if I'm not using progressive scan? I'm not talking about the settings for individual speaker outputs: there's a double "slider" control (one for PAL, one for NTSC).

Also, does anyone know what the latest software/firmware versions are for the DV27a, and where they can be got from (without bothering a dealer)?

Finally, is there a list somewhere of how to get into all the "hidden" or "service" menus on the dv27a?

I'm aware of the FAQ at http://www.envytech.co.uk/arcamdvd/ but this isn't very up-to-date (and doesn't seem to contain quite as much info as it used to).

NicolasB said:
Can someone confirm what the audio delay settings should be on an Arcam DV27a if I'm not using progressive scan? I'm not talking about the settings for individual speaker outputs: there's a double "slider" control (one for PAL, one for NTSC).

These delays are to allow you to delay the audio to match what you see on the screen. The most common way to see this is that the actors lips do not match what they are saying. This problem normally affects Plasma and LCD TVs but not CRT TVs. If you do not see any lip-sync problems then leave them at default.
NicolasB said:
Also, does anyone know what the latest software/firmware versions are for the DV27a, and where they can be got from (without bothering a dealer)?

Mine is at 5.08. There is talk of a 5.13 version. The normal rule is that if you are not having any problems then do not worry about it.
NicolasB said:
Finally, is there a list somewhere of how to get into all the "hidden" or "service" menus on the dv27a?

I'm aware of the FAQ at http://www.envytech.co.uk/arcamdvd/ but this isn't very up-to-date (and doesn't seem to contain quite as much info as it used to).

Sorry can't help you there. I have had no need to change anything (yet!).

Hope this helps

steeled said:
These delays are to allow you to delay the audio to match what you see on the screen. The most common way to see this is that the actors lips do not match what they are saying. This problem normally affects Plasma and LCD TVs but not CRT TVs. If you do not see any lip-sync problems then leave them at default.
Well, yes, but, as the player is second hand, I don't know what the default values are. :)

NicolasB said:
Well, yes, but, as the player is second hand, I don't know what the default values are. :)

Sorry Nicolas

What I meant to say was to set the delays to zero. That is the default setting.

This means that the audio output appears at the same time as the video.

Regards

NicolasB said:

To access the Engineer’s menu, go into setup and type 4792

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom