Quantcast

DV27A query for John Dawson (if you're reading)

pringtef

Active Member
Know John (Dawson) reads this forum, so hoping he's reading this and can do his best to advise.

Bought a DV27A a while ago, more than happy with its audio and video performance. However, in the absence of HDMI for this device, it does appear to be the case that the HTPC route is going to be the best option for optimum picture quality.

I know i could see about getting the SDI mod for this, but I'm quite keen on keeping my warranty given that it still has quite a few months to run.

Know there are obviously confidentiality issues regards products in development, but could you advise if there is likely to be an official mod available to upgrade this device to HDMI?

Or is it likely that Arcam will be release a player in the same FMJ range level that will be it's successor soon (ie, this year)

Even just a hint John!

Cheers,

Timbo
 

buns

Banned
If im not mistaken..... the sdi mod done by Elliot does not invalidate the warranty.....

ad
 
D

danny-p

Guest
Originally posted by buns
the sdi mod
ad
:confused: Can anyone briefly explain this mod please?
And obviously its meant to be better than prog-scan but how much better...Do you need a high-res panel (mines a low res panny)
Cheers
Danny
 

buns

Banned
the sdi mod will basically enable the picture to be removed from the player before much of the degrading procesing that may happen (im talking in general and not saying in any way that the arcam does this). But it comes off as an interlaced signal at the standard def. You need a video processor which can then handle the sdi signal (many can but need optional boards).

So in reality an sdi mod to a player needs the processor as well. Otherwise its something you cant use.

ad
 
D

danny-p

Guest
Originally posted by buns
the sdi mod will basically enable the picture to be removed from the player before much of the degrading procesing that may happen (im talking in general and not saying in any way that the arcam does this). But it comes off as an interlaced signal at the standard def. You need a video processor which can then handle the sdi signal (many can but need optional boards).

So in reality an sdi mod to a player needs the processor as well. Otherwise its something you cant use.

ad
Thanks for that...A good video processor is now required after the mod...Can you or anyone else name one please?
Thanks
Danny
 

sticker

Standard Member
Originally posted by danny-p
Thanks for that...A good video processor is now required after the mod...Can you or anyone else name one please?
Thanks
Danny
I would have thought one of the new generation Lumagens
 

buns

Banned
Originally posted by sticker
I would have thought one of the new generation Lumagens
that is what I am going to be using, a lumagen visionHDP.

ad
 

kaspj

Standard Member
Me too, finances permitting. Just hope Elliot continues to offer the SDI mod in a few months time :)

JP.
 
Top Bottom