1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV27A deinterlacing - please help!

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by cybersoga, Oct 7, 2004.

1. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have a DV27A at home right now for evaluation (borrowed from a local shop). Playing some test patterns (Digital Video Essensials, Avia etc), it doesn't seem to be able to display them in weave mode, it's stuck in bob mode (flickering horizontal edges). It goes into weave mode fine most of the ime when the picture is moving, but not on static test patterns - although it did stay in bob mode for the entire scrolling introduction on star wars a new hope, but quickly switched to weave when the picture started moving. Is there any way to tweak the deinterlacer settings?

Horizontal frequency response is better than my Sony 999ES and it does have less ringing on the avia sharpness pattern.

2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I've returned the DV27A now, it's a very good player - the only two things I didn't like were bobbing on static images (both pal and ntsc), response time and the remote. I tried a DV29 out in the shop, I believe this player doesn't have the silicon image deinterlacer. It did display static images properly, but chroma frequency response wasn't as good (looked very similar to my 999), and the luma frequency response seemed a tad below that of the 27A. The remote is a little better but still naff. Still a bit slow responding too.

My search for the perfect player goes on...

3. JetJockey

JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Know EXACTLY what you mean about the remotes, they drove me nuts.

Have you demo'd the Denon 3910??

Gerald. :)

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I actually own a DV27A now, bought it from a different dealer than the one I borrowed :) The PQ is fantastic when it's locked into film mode, and it does lock into film mode more relyably than my Sony. I havn't tried the 3910, was kinda put off by Faroujda's chroma filtering and any hint of a macrobolocking bug.

I'll just have to get used to the remote!