1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV27A & AVR300 Optimal CD Playback

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by dmach22, May 29, 2004.

1. dmach22

dmach22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,
    I 'am in the process of buying a SH DV27A and hope to partner it with the AVR300 when they become readily available. My question is this what is the optimal CD playback with this combination if you only have a Sub and Satellite speaker setup.
    I.E
    1) Send a full range signal from the LR analogue outputs of the DV27A and let the AVR300 do the bass management.
    2) let the DV27A do the bass management therefore sending a filtered signal from the LR analogue outputs to the AVR300 (therefore being able utilising the Direct setting of the AVR300) and using the sub output of the DV27A directly connected to the input of the Subwoofer.
    3) send a digital signal from the Dv27a and let the AVr300 do the D/A conversion as well al the bass management.
    I know the simple answer will be to experiment with the setup but I just wondered if there is a technical reason why one method would be preferable to another.
    Thanks