1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV27A and Firmware

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by highlander_777, Dec 11, 2004.

1. highlander_777

highlander_777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I recently bought the above DVD player

I also checked the firmware and note that I am not running the latest release or am I. Now, I have Tag equipement also and one of the things I liked about Tag was the ability to download the firmware and load it up yourself. Also, when new releases were available a list also published outling enhancements and fixes

I have looked on the ARCAM site and the above does not exist. Does anyone know if ARCAM will be offering such as service

Finally, does anyone actually know what the latest is for the DV27A becuase my dealer did not actually know either.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I don't think Arcam will offer firmware upgrades via the web, but if you don't want to return your gear to a dealer to do the upgrade you can get them to request the software on a disk from Arcam on your behalf. They will then send you the disk on the understanding that the upgrade is done at your own risk.

Or also at your own risk you can have a look Here for the updates.

Mark.

3. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    How do you find out what firmware is on the machine out of interest ?? and what is the latest ??

No worries I've found the information................. Ta.

4. highlander_777

highlander_777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Check the link

The latest release is 5.08 when I believe that latest is 5.13. I have 5.08 and was wondering what 5.13 offered :cool:

5. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    yep I checked the link and got the info.......... thankfully mine has 5.13 straight out of the box so I don't need to tinker.

Thanks

6. da95649

da95649

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,

I have the old DV27 and I belive the firmware I have is 1.79, I dont fancy going all the way to my dealer as its a 3 hour drive!!

Is there away where I can just upload the file via RS port at back, or maybe create a CD from an ISO that will update to the new firmware....in actual fact what is the latest firmware and the differences?

Thanks all

Darren

7. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    da95649
    I do believe that v1.81 was that last update for the "old" Zoran 3 chipped DV27/DV88.
    I think that the the updates for the latest Zoran 5 chip DV27+ DV29 etc also include v1.81 also.
    I'm sure someone on here will confirm this, but you may want to look here.http://www.envytech.co.uk/arcamdvd/