1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV27 Vs DV29

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Sweden, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Sweden

Sweden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Wich is the best cdplayer ?

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    The DV29 is the better cd player I think, but hey what do I know I've got a CD33 as well. :thumbsup:

3. ihan

ihan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi crustyloafer,

What about the DV27A; I've just managed to get hold of a brand new one of these for just under a thousand pounds. I was going to SDI mod it, so I would have a top quality DVD & CD player.

I purchased it on the basis that from a CD perspective it would significantly outperform my existing DV79. I also thought that it had the same Wolfson Audio DACs as the DV29, so would sound the same.

Hopefully, the DV27A will have the same robust disc comptability (+/-R) as my existing DV79.

If any of the above is untrue, and you think I've made a mistake, let me know. To me, it seemed pointless buying a DV29, because I don't want the HDMI, I want SDI instead.

Regards,
    Ian

4. Guy Verbist

Guy Verbist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't give you a comparison, but the DV29 is a mighty good CD player to my ears (hats off to Arcam for such a great product).

Wolfson DAC? Really? I worked for them (briefly) last year - not designing DACs hasten to add :D . Small world innit.

Cheers,

Guy

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    I can't remember what the differences were between the DV27A and the DV29 but there were definitely some, I think the recent Hi-Fi News review of the DV29 mentioned something about the analogue audio output improvements over the DV27A. Don't get me wrong here, the DV27A is a great CD player but the DV29 is just a teency weency bit better.

6. Sweden

Sweden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I dont really understand why you have the CD33 aswell . My local dealer said that Arcams best cdplayer is DV29. So you could spend your money on cds instead of having the CD33.

KIND REGARDS
    MATS

7. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    Which Arcam dealer was that? I am an Arcam dealer and have been for a long time. I can tell you straight out that the DV29 is not even close to the CD33 for CD replay. I don't understand how any dealer could contemplate thinking that a £1600 DVD player will play CDs as well as a £1350 dedicated cd player.

Have you listened to any of these machines? If not, then you should, rather than blindly follow your dealer's reccomendations and everybody elses on here. I am not saying don't listen to advice from your dealer and fellow Arcam owners but make your own mind up with your own ears.

8. Sweden

Sweden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I shall do that ,
    and comeback to you !
    Regards/Mats