1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV27 software upgrade

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Tracey, Nov 11, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How easy would it be to do a software upgrade myself if I could get hold of the disc? My DV27 has been playing up for a while now, it's getting a bit temporamental when playing CD's, sometimes it won't let me go back a track and it gets stuck and the only thing I can do is open the machine then put the disc back in, and these are discs that I've not had any problems with before. I've never had a software upgrade and my DV27 was one of the first black models so it's a couple of years old or more. I just don't think I'll have time to take it into my dealer for a few months, whenever I'm off work my dealer is either closed or I'm on DIY duty, desperately trying to get my house liveable.

It's starting to bug me a bit now, I'm far to lazy to be getting up and having to walk all of 5ft to open the drive and start the CD again when it gets stuck! :D

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Very Easy... even easier now that Arcam sent out a little instruction book with the CD.

Basically you turn it on.. load the disc.. wait for the try to pop out, remove the disc and reboot.. then the machine should display the new firmware version.

There is player software and drive firmware version upgrades available.. give the helpdesk a call at they should be able to send you the correct discs :)

I have been updating my DV88+ since dayone.. never taken it back to the dealer! (who always seem to be behind with the latest disc anyhow.

Cheers

Matt

3. lowrider

lowrider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have been upgrading the software of my DV88 first, then DV27 for over two years, just get the disc from the dealer, and follow the instructions... :smashin:

4. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I also have a small collection of software discs.
    Most of them have been emailed direct from Arcam, and "burnt" to a CDR.
    I guess they wouldn't want to do this on a large scale, as if you're not too hot on the old DIY, you could end up with a dead player.
    If you're unsure, get the disc sent to you and pop and see your local dealer. You will more than likely have a more up to date version than they have. In return for them installing the software, you could give then the disc as a tip :D

5. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have the eqipment to enable me to burn to a cdr, I don't even have a pc, except when I'm at work. I'll contact Arcam and see what they say.

Thanks.

6. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +528
    Had my last set of s'ware discs within a couple of days of contacting Arcam ... give them a ring and you could be sorted by the weekend ;-)