DV139 strange HDMI issue

dts_boy

:confused:im not sure if this has been mentioned before as to start with i thought maybe the problem was elsewhere in my system.
the problem is every so often, my picture will tend to turn to what is best described as digital noise and then return again randomly. at first i thought it was a problem with my scaler and have left it on bypass for the DVD player now but the problem is still present - anyone got any ideas? is there any new firmware as i know to start with people were having problems?
my equipment:
Fujitsu 50" 40US plasma tv
Arcam Dv139 connected hdmi to
Pixel Magix pe100 pro (on bypass for dvd input)

i have tried the dvd player on both the hdmi inputs to the screen to test and it happened both times. trouble is its an intermitant problem so you could watch maybe half a film before it happens?

A

AmerArcamOwner

That is a HDMI handshake problem....but just to make sure unplug the HDMI cable and watch through component video only to see if it does the same thing...more than likely it won't

I went through this with my 139 only worse...it would not play or even get the handshake sometimes and I would have to hard power off the unit to reset. With the HDMI unplugged watching with component video only...I could do whatever I wanted and nothing would happen.

dts_boy

so can this handshake issue be resolved then? i spent all this money to make use of the hdmi connection and its fancy video processing etc... don't want to use component. hopefully someone from Arcam can come along and comment if this can be resolved then?:lesson:

A

AmerArcamOwner

so can this handshake issue be resolved then? i spent all this money to make use of the hdmi connection and its fancy video processing etc... don't want to use component. hopefully someone from Arcam can come along and comment if this can be resolved then?:lesson:

I was told that Arcam understands HDMI to stand for (Hardly Developed Mostly Intermittent) and as far as I have been told it is an industry wide problem. But the Arcam's were my first players with HDMI so I have not had any experience with other player and the HDMI yet. Though why others have no issues and I do I just don't understand.

And I understand you don't want to use component...I was just suggesting you try that to make sure it is the HDMI and not something else wrong.

dts_boy

AmerArcamOwner - thanks for your help and thoughts. i apologise if i came across rude at the component video suggestion; its just i don't get to watch films and enjoy my system much and now im gonna have to put up with issues - i snapped so my aplogies!

A

AmerArcamOwner

AmerArcamOwner - thanks for your help and thoughts. i apologise if i came across rude at the component video suggestion; its just i don't get to watch films and enjoy my system much and now im gonna have to put up with issues - i snapped so my aplogies!

No apology necessary
I did not take it that way and I just wanted to make sure that I expressed myself correctly in stating that trying the component will let you know that it is a HDMI issue and not something else.

And believe me I know how frustrating it is to go buy an expensive piece of gear and not have it work properly....been dealing with that since January....

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom