Dv139 / 'direct mode' remote operation

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by morsimon, Apr 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. morsimon

morsimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This quesrtion will expose me as a complete ignoramus when it comes to utilising the CR100 remote..... however could someone please explain to me if it is possible to switch between 'direct' and non-direct mode with the remote when listening to CD / SACD / DVD-A without having to resort to accessing the On Screen Menu (which obviously takes time and is somewhat inconvenient). Whenever I have tried it via the 'Direct' button on the CR100 nothing seems to happen.

Many thanks

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    No it is not possible. This is a function that needs to be enabled/diabled in the setup menu prior to playing any dics. Personally speaking I use the direct mode all the time, there is no need for me to have my TV display on at all when playing CD or SACD.

3. morsimon

morsimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Crusty !

That being the case why does the remote have a 'direct' button on it ? I assumed it would be for the very reason I wanted but sadly it seems not... it makes track selection, as one example, a more laborious process (during direct mode play) as there is no quick means of reactivating the OSD etc. Not a major gripe by the way and I do love the machine.

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    The 'Direct' button on the CR100 remote will toggle the 'Direct' function on any of the Arcam AV Receivers/Processors. This is explained on page 12 of the CR100 user manual. In DVD mode this button on the CR100 performs the 'fast rewind' function' as explained on page 8 of the CR100 user manual.

The display on the front of the player still functions when CD Direct Mode is on and therefore it is quite straightforward to see what track is playing and to navigate to other tracks.