1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV to DVD??

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mr cload, Oct 13, 2002.

1. mr cload

mr cload

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello,
    i got a panasonic nvds27! i have connected to my pute and capture using video wave or ulead. if i want to put it on cd then the DV file is 2 big so i understand that it has to be encoded to get it on 2 cdr!

if i buy a DVD writer will the DV file gostraight on to DVDR so as to savew time with the encoeding which takes bloody ages! is there a quicker way to get it in 2 my pute then onto cd or dvr!

could ne 1 recomend a dvd writer to get? i av seen the sony and the pioneer ao4?

2. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you capture to your PC, you are capturing the video image in .avi format. This is why it's so large. Encoding the file to MPEG standard is required for it to play on DVD (or so I understand).

It may be frustrating, but it's the only way. I'd recomend kicking off the encoding before you go to bed or something. Makes it a lot less frustrating. Also, some of the encoding packages will run a lot faster on a dual (or more) processor machine.

Chris 'kiwiranger' Parke