1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dv tape won't insert

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by derfdv, Jan 25, 2003.

1. derfdv

derfdv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a Sony DCR TRV11E DV IN/OUT , my problem is now and then i get a tape error message on the screen, having removed the tape i am unable to get the tape or any other tape to go back into the recorder, the tape tray will without the tape will go in without any trouble, then a day or two later it will work as if nothing is wrong, as you can see this is no good if i am filming a wedding or the like, has anyone got this problem or any idea what is wrong, as it is quite costly to send to sony i would be thankful for some advise. fred uk

2. rikmoncur

rikmoncur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not quite sure if this will help but I had something that sounds similar on an old sony - it just kept spitting the tape back out. What I used to do was take off the battery (or dc input), clean the contacts and make sure it was connected properly. Seemed to work ok but it was one of the reasons I upgraded to a nice wee canon.

3. derfdv

derfdv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for advise , i have tried all sorts of ideas with no avail, as i wrote it does not matter what tape i try i even tried brand new tapes still no luck, what is worring is what causes the tape error in the first place , also the tapes are getting damaged when i remove them after an error message as a loop is sticking out of the cassette as i remove it , hopefully someone might know, thanks again

4. mbanqua

mbanqua
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Although this post is a bit dated, I have/had the same camera and the exact same problem. I think ALL trv11e's eventually succumb to this problem.