1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV tape to DVD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by p00hbear, Mar 29, 2004.

1. p00hbear

p00hbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I have a recording from the DV tape which I have burned onto DVD using Movie Factory. This plays ok on my multi-region DVD player. I plan to send this to my relatives in the US. Provided they have a MR DVD player - will they have any problems with watching the DVD? I'm thinking there maybe problems with PAL?
    Or would they need an TV/DVD player enabled for PAL on an NTSC system?

Thanks in advance.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Firstly I very much doubt that any disks you create will have region coding, unless you have the correct type of software and have set it up to be region 2 coded.

Now in the UK we are lucky that our TV's etc are capable of working with NTSC sources. AFAIK very few American consumer TV's/VCR's/DVDP etc can work with PAL software.
    I am fairly sure that you would need to convert the footage from PAL to NTSC. This can be done in software or hardware, but it is not cheap.

Mark.

3. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Multi region won't be a problem , DVD-R/+R etc do not support region encoding even if the authoring software does.

As already stated while most of our players will convert NTSC to PAL (PAL60) , most US NTSC players will not play PAL discs. The ones that do tend to be budget players typically built in the far east.