1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dv In

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by technoant, Jun 19, 2004.

1. technoant

technoant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because my digital camcorder as only Dv out, would it be possible to edit my footage with either Pinnacle Studio 9 or Ulead Pro 7 on my PC ( fancy cuts and wipes ) and then send the edited footage over the PC firewire card to a stand alone DVD recorder that has a DV in connection? I am considering buying a standalone DVD recorder for this purpose as anyone tried doing this?

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you should be able to do that satisfactorily.

but don't get to carried away with the cuts and wipes they can ruin an otherwise excellent video - watch the way the proffesionals do it on TV except for music videos when it's done for effect there are virtually no wipes or fancy transistions to be seen.

3. technoant

technoant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply,

One further question.

There are many DVD recorders on the market with DV in, which way to go DVD+RW or DVD-RW Philips, Liteon and LG Etc, but the LG is currently on sale at my local Comet store £199.95 and DVD-RW and the one I am currently interested in, but cannot find a review and was trying to found out if somebody had sucessfully used there DVD recorder ( not PC DVD Writer ) DV in to record edited video and send it via the firewire card to the DV in connection on a Stand alone DVD Recorder?

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    IMHO DVD+RW or -RW is not really something to worry too much about. The vast majority of DVD players can play either format with the -RW just slightly more compatable. The chances are that if you have an old player that wont play one format then it is more than likely that it wont play any recorded DVD's.

The other thing to ask you really is - Why do you want a standalone DVD recorder rather than an internal PC burner? If you will use the recorder to record from the TV then yes it is worth spending the extra money. But if all you want to do is record your footage from the PC then you can save a lot of money and get a PC burner for around £60 and most of these will record both the formats.
    The other advantage of going the PC route is that you can create far better looking menus and chapters than on a standalone recorder. All you need to do is get the software that can do what you want - and that costs from around £30, so not too expensive.

Mark.