1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV in Premiere 4.2

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ehowland, Mar 11, 2003.

1. ehowland

ehowland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a new computer with Windows XP installed.

I can get DV footage from a DV camcorder, but when I try to open or import it into Premiere 4.2 I get the following message:-

"Unable to open that file. Codec not found. A driver (*.drv or *.dll) required to open this movie is not installed in your system"

What has gone wrong?

I have trawled the internet to download the codec file, but can not find anything.

Any ideas?

I use windows moviemaker to grab the DV AVI files.

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Premiere 4.2 is pretty old now - are you sure it is compatible with Win XP? Is it possible to upgrade?

Have you tried the Adobe site for patches and updates?

3. ehowland

ehowland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, emailed Adobe, but as of yet no reply.

I am sure I need a codec or a file or something to allow premiere to read or uncompress the DV AVI file, but do not know what to do now.

Have beed searching the web for ages looking for an answer, but no luck yet.

4. peasoup

peasoup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im prity sure premiere 5 and below arent compatible with DV video. I recall having alot of problems running DV vid with 5...cant remember if i got it working...i might of exported it to uncompressed vid in virtual dub. I could be wrong.

5. ehowland

ehowland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've managed to download a DV codec from the web and now can get the footage into Premiere 4.2 and edit. The only Problem is getting it out again onto SVHS. The SVHS output on the back of the computer is, I think on the graphics card. Cam only has DV out. The Print to video option in premiere works, but I only get a picture in the middle of the TV surounded by black.

Back to the drawing board!!!!!!!!
    :mad: