1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dv in-out

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by edsm, Mar 28, 2003.

1. edsm

edsm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying one of the new models of sony. I can't deceide between the 14 and 19.
    I just want to make family films. Is it worth spending more for the dv in? What other advatages have you got of a dv in?
    Thank you!

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    It is only really worth spending extra money on DV-in if you are going to edit your footage on a PC.
    DV-in lets you copy your edited footage back to the camera in digital with no loss of quality. You can then copy the edited footage to VHS or a DVD-r etc or just connect the camcorder to the TV.
    DV-in will also let you copy analogue video via your camcorder to your PC for editing without the need for a more expensive analogue capture card. This will only be of any use if you have an old analogue camcorder, or footage on VHS that you want to edit.
    IMO DV-in gives you a lot of advantages for only slightly (?) more money and is worth it as even if you don't need it now, you might in the future and the extra cost is a lot less than another camcorder.

Mark.

3. edsm

edsm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'll do it as it is only £ 50 difference. Thanks!