1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV In/Out

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by neil22, Jun 14, 2004.

1. neil22

neil22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone please tell me the difference between a camera with DV out only and one with DV In/Out.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the camera has DV-out only you will be unable to send your edited masterpiece back from your PC to be saved on a brand new clean tape.

You do this so that you have a first quality edited video if you need at any time in the future to copy your masterpiece for someone else to see and you have deleted all the original files off your PC in order to clear space on your hard drive.

There is no other physical or operational difference in cameras having DV-out only or DV-in/out.

3. neil22

neil22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much, that has helped a great deal.

4. technoant

technoant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because my digital camcorder as only Dv out, would it be possible to edit my footage with either Pinnacle Studio 9 or Ulead Pro 7 on my PC ( fancy cuts and wipes ) and then send the edited footage over the PC firewire card to a stand alone DVD recorder that has a DV in connection?

5. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you should be able to do that satisfactorily.