1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV-In enabling for JVC models - update

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Mike Swannick, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Mike Swannick

Mike Swannick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having scoured the www, I came across the software and instructions on how to DV-In enable an number of JVC and Thomson camcorders, including my own model (GR-DVL30E).

It required a data cable to be bought or built and instructions in English and other European languages.

Well, I built a cable and followed the instructions........

I am now the proud parent of a DV-In capable camcorder:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The software is fairly straight forward with options beyond what you need to accomplish this task.

The cable cost less the £5.00 for the component parts from Maplins and 20 mins soldering time (depending on skill):confused:

Father and camcorder are doing fine:smashin:

2. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very good. Where did you find the software/instructions?

3. Mike Swannick

Mike Swannick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Like the good and diligent web user that I am, I didn't record it! Sorry. However, it is a tiny little 66Kb Zip file if you want it?

4. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doh!

No, I don't need it but it might have been useful to some others, Seen a couple of posts recently regarding dv-in convertors.

5. Mike Swannick

Mike Swannick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found it.

http://www.coastweb.de/dv/

About half way down the page in the line that reads;

Freeware DV-in program for JVC cams from Garfield - please upload mem dumps!