1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV enabling TRV140E

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by goldenfleece, Jun 3, 2002.

1. goldenfleece

goldenfleece

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone advise on availability of software to enable DV IN on the Sony CCD TRV140E digital 8 camcorder? I think this a new model and I cant see it listed on the compatibility charts of the DV enabling software on several web sites I have checked. Anyone know? Or is all the software in the Sony camcorders more or less the same anyway?

Also, apparently on some Sony camcorders you get a manual white balance option appearing in the menu after DV enabling, and also analogue input is enabled via the line out socket. Would this apply to a 140E?

2. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Golden,

Sorry to tell you but you will not at the present time be able to enable this model of camcorder. This is because there is no LANC socket on that model, which is how you need to control the camcorder to make the change. Given time it might happen, keep an eye on this web site, www.datavision.co.uk.

Best Regards,

Mark T