DV (digital video) processing

H

halvorsen82

Hi

I have a DV video file (1,7 GB) and are supposed to process this. My plan is to use matlab, but It will that work? I have to have the best quality, that mean no compression besides the dv format.

Any suggestions?

sincerely,
Martin

Why would you want to use matlab? (a scientific computing package)
What exactly are you trying to do with the file? When you say process, do you mean edit?

Get the trial version of Pinnacle Studio, that will do most things you need. Otherwise Virtualdub or TMPGENC.

Wrong forum though :)

hi

I going to process the movie, make change to it (algorithms) and save the changes. I'm familiar with c++, java, c# and matlab. This is a task for my masters thesis.

hi

I going to process the movie, make change to it (algorithms) and save the changes. I'm familiar with c++, java, c# and matlab. This is a task for my masters thesis.
A long time ago I used Matlab to carry out some algorithms on image files to extract pattern information. I have no idea how you would extract the raw pixel data from the DV file though, suppose this is the hard bit !

You would need to know the structure of the file and break it up into usable data. Don't know if Matlab is best suited to file manipulation at that level though .

A long time ago I used Matlab to carry out some algorithms on image files to extract pattern information. I have no idea how you would extract the raw pixel data from the DV file though, suppose this is the hard bit !

You would need to know the structure of the file and break it up into usable data. Don't know if Matlab is best suited to file manipulation at that level though .

Matlab supports external camcorders and other video/image hardware, using the image acquisition tool, but the problem is that matlab reads the file into memory. 15 min of DV takes up 1.7 GB, and that will not work...

I've heard that using mplayer to split a DV movie into png images (frames), and that would be possible to use in matlab. But hasn't figured out how to do that one yet...

Is there other library I can use to work with DV on pixel level?

Might be an idea to have a look at various groups in UK universities. Image processing group at King's College London springs to mind (if it still exists!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom