dv copying from Sony cam to dvd recorder...

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by andypandy, Aug 24, 2006.

1. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have the Panasonic DMR-EZ25 which has DV input. I connected my sony camcorder HC-94 dv to dv and promptly began to record what I was also watching on the TV screen.

The TV recognised the dv input recording as widescreen so the tv automatically switched into widescreen mode - correctly as that is how I recorded on my camera.

The problem is now I play back the dvd I recorded , it is not in widescreen mode and the aspect ratio doesn't look quite right although everything looked OK when I was recording it. people look slightly thinner and longer !

It's defintely recorded it in 4x3 mode as I interragated the dvd on my pc using ifoedit.

Any clues , anyone ?

2. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    no need to reply folks.

It seems programmess in 16:9 format (from whichever source) are recorded in 4x3 format UNLESS you are recording to DVD-RAM !!!

So this means I need to buy a pc dvd writer capable of handling dvd+/- R's and dvd-ram. So I can transfer them onto dvd. Generally most dvd players DO NOT play dvd-ram.

What a palava !!!!