DV Capture Software - OS unspecific

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by iPollo, May 7, 2007.

1. iPollo

iPollo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there,

Ok so here's where im at. I need a solution in which one PC can capture multiple DV\Analog streams from seperate capture cards at the same time, and to a schedule... output to AVI 2 would also be nice. :p

I have been through about a dozen or so different versions of capture software, freeware, shareware, trial versions.. a lot of great products but none that do quite what i need. The sticking point appears to be the capturing of more than one stream at the same time..

Now, I have had working Linux based capture software that did everything i needed. But alas it was a programmer friends brainchild and apart of a broader project, which took off, so eventually the software couldn't be used anymore. :(

I guess im trying to rebuild something that would compare to a multi input DVR or even a multi tuner Topfield box as they're known in Australia.

Im interested in any suggestion, for any OS, at any reasonable cost (software price)..

Thanks,
    Benny K
    a.k.a 'Coax Kid'