DV Camera with Analogue Input

S

stratos

I'm looking to purchase a DV camera which will accept input from an analogue camera.

I want to connect a "lipstick camera" to the camcorder, and use it for capturing in-car footage.

Someone has suggested a Canon 500i. would that be suitable?

I'd like something as cheap as possible (don't we always), and had even considered looking for a 2nd-hand camera.

Any suggestions?

No, I'm not looking for someone to do the homework for me. I always thought Internet Forums were there for people to help one another.

I was hoping someone would have a camera which does want I was looking for and they would recommend it to me.

Or, someone would point me at a source which lists the facilities of the various camera, so I could determine which ones have the facilities I need, eg some sort of table, or a search facility.

I will look at the website you have suggested. Thanks for providing it.

Stratos, didn't mean to come across all Bah Humbug & all that. But you asked a question on a specific cams specs that's easily answered via the manufactures' site, or via many other retailers. What you do then, is to ask the forum Questions such as "how well do the analogue/DV inputs work", "how good is the auto focus" etc. etc. etc. But your question was the equivilent to not bothering to read the manual on a piece of kit. That's probably why you've had so few replies. I'm not 'having a go', just hopefully pointing you in the right direction as far as what this forum is all about.

Happy new year.

Haven't used it much, but my Panansonic GS-5 has analogue in. Don't think it works as a straight digitiser, I think you have to record to tape then play back to computer in order to capture analogue footage, though I could be wrong. To be honest straight through capture doesn't really appeal to me, as time consuming as it may be it's still not half as bad as trying to capture the same footage repeatedly because something went wrong halfway through.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom