1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV camcorders

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by claybird, Jun 30, 2002.

1. claybird

claybird

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying a DV camcorder. My first choice was the Panasonic MX8, but cannot get any on line.

My question is, has any one any experience of the Panasonic NV-GX7B. I have read the specs and it seems OK.

I need a recorder that will allow analogue in to 'update' my old 8mm to DV.

Any advice please?

Thanks,
    Ian.

2. AAA

AAA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MX8 is a v. good model endeed.Now u can buy a v good cam-Sony or Panasonic sub £1000 with Analog In,...

It depends what do you want, spec, size!...

I don't have any exp. with GX7B, but what I have notised is,that the new ranfe of Pan. looks a bit "cheap" build q-ty. But I am sure,as Pan. it should provide v. good and bright pictures.

3. claybird

claybird

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. I managed to order an MX8 from a company yesterday. The last one in stock.......hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow. I really have no experience of digital editing so this is a new 'ball game'.

I need the analogue in to 'copy' my old film to the new format and then my idea is to produce CD's for the family.

This forum is really useful for research into all things Cam.

Cheers,

Ian.