1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Keyser Söze, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    here is what i am hoping to do, i was to take my camera and make whatever video, go home, hook it up to my computer via USB and send the movie to my computer where i can then put it on cd or DVD,

i have the program DVD X Maker

i have not bought a camcorder yet i wanted to make sure it was possible first

any thoughts? i know there are mini dvd camcorders but thats not what i want really at all

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    Well most of what you want to do is fairly straight forward and definately possible, but not all!
    What you can't do from your list of requirements is connect the camcorder to the PC via USB for full quality video capture. Neither USB1.1 or 2.0 is good enough to get the full quality of video onto the PC, all you will get is something like a web cam quality. What you need is a cheap (if not already got) firewire port on the PC and connect the cam to this. Once connected to the PC via firewire everything is then down to the software you are useing.

Mark.

ps, get a DV camcorder as they are the most common and best consumer cams!

3. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0