1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV Camcorder as a Webcam?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by clanelliott, Mar 26, 2005.

1. clanelliott

clanelliott
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have had a sony DCR-PC100E for a while and would like to use it as a webcam. do i need any software to reduce its output for MSN Messenger for example, what connection should i use to the PC?
    sorry if i am going over old ground but this all new to me(PC, DVD burning, messenger etc)

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    A lot of the modern camcorders have a USB connection that can be used for connecting a camcorder to PC for use as a web cam. If this is possible with your cam then you should also have the software supplied with it to enable this.
    The other way is to use software to take the firewire connection and use that as a web cam. I remember some software being recommended in the past called 'OrangeWare WebCamDV'. do a search on here or the internet to find it - but although you get a free trial you will need to pay to use it.

Mark.