DV Cam Batteries

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by mattconfused, Aug 10, 2002.

1. mattconfused

mattconfused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone give me advice about batteries?? It's the only aspect of camcorder buying that still confuses me....

What is the best type? What sort of price should I be paying (either for a Sony or JVC) for different operating times? Where is a good place (UK) or website that sells them cheaply? And should I go with manufacturers own batteries, which are always more expensive?

Hope you can help! Many thanks,

M

2. m@rk

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    I have always bought batteries for my Panasonic from www.askdirect.co.uk as the prices are very good and the customer service is second to none.

Have a look here for a full list.

And to answer your next question, get your tapes here

3. Neil

Neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I had a lot of trouble locating batteries for my Sharp VL-NZ10H, all the cheap web sites said it was too new and I would only get it from Sharp UK agents. They wanted £60 each, including Tax and shipping. Then I found one of the sponsors of this web site, sabahoceanic.com. Two batteries for £38 including tax and shipping from Malaysia. Ordered on Thursday on their secure web site, delivered by DHL on Monday.

They seem exactly the same as my original Sharp battery.

As a warning, on the 1st July Eurobatteries assured me that their battery would fit my camera, it didn't, and I am still trying to get a refund.

4. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Neil

Where ever you buy your battery make sure they are the same type don't mix Lithium-Ion, Lead Acid etc. even if they fit. The voltage and amperage rates can very greatly.
    Drafter

5. SHAUNY

SHAUNY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    brought mine a samsung from keene.co.uk very cheap very quick they also will send you a nice brouchure/booklet on all things camcorder

6. drewboy

drewboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've just done a price comparision and i'm I right in saying that sabahoceanic.com will charge me £46.44 for TWO CGR-D220 batteries? Inc. delivery via DHL!

The equivilent at askdirect.co.uk comes in at a whopping £118.

Is this too good to be true and has anybody else delt with sabahoceanic?

Regards,
    Drew.

7. m@rk

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    When you get them, can you please confirm that they are GENUINE and not OEM batteries (can't see this on the web site) as their prices do seem very good.

8. drewboy

drewboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Neil,

Could you confirm whether you got originals or OEM's from sabohoceanic?

If they're originals, that's a ruddy good price.

Drew.

9. Neil

Neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, They are OEM, but exactly the same size, shape and connector. The spec on the label is the same as the original Sharp battery, I think it also says "Cells made in Japan" on the label, but I am at work and the batteries are at home. I have only used them a couple of times, but they seem to last as well as the original Sharp battery, but I don't have any exact useage figures as I don't use the camera a lot except for holidays, family gatherings etc.

I hope that helps.

Neil

10. dv-man

dv-man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered batteries for my Canon MV530i, BP522's and it cost me£52 for two against £60 each for ones bought in this country!! I would definately recommend this company because there sevice is excellent. Who cares if they aint originals they all do the same job!!!

dv-man