DV 88 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by john R1, Jan 17, 2003.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will the DVD-A Upgrade be available for the basic dv88 or only for the dv88+ i know you can upgrade the 88 to the 88+ but i dont need the prog scan at the moment await your replies John R1

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    I can't find the relevant thread right now ... but there was a thread earlier in which (I believe) John Dawson of Arcam set out the options for upgrading a DV88 and (IIRC) he said that it would be possible to upgrade for DVD-A without having to upgrade to Prog Scan ... or if you had a DV88P then you could also upgrade without changing the Prog Scan option.

Disclaimer : This is all from memory so if I'm wrong or misrepresented John Dawson then I appologise.

Victoria

3. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Heres the options..

For the DV88 you need to have the DVD-A upgrade board + the new AV board.

Which means basically the new av board makes your machine a DV88+ and on top of this the DVD-A board is added. You will then have prog scan out of the box anyhow via the vaddis 5 chip. but there is a further option to add the SI prog scan board seperately if you so wish..

Think thats about right!

Please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks

Matt

4. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    I hope I'm not breaking any rules here ... but this is the text from John Dawson when a similar question was asked previously - see thread http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58125 .

Victoria