• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DV-88 Plus Upgrades?

Andy.T

Established Member
Hiya, I've been reading through here looking for an answer to this, I've found some info but I want to be sure so here goes...

I have a DV-88 Plus. What does the upgrade to DVD-A cost and what work is done for that?

I think its £350, and obviously I end up with a DVD-A capable machine but is the video chip also replaced (or is that just with DV-88s)? If so what are the differences (no more Chroma bug?).

Thanks in advance for any help. :smashin:

Matt Horne

Prominent Member
No you already have the vaddis 5 chip in place.. all thats added is the board for DVD-A..

The upgrade from DV88 -> + replaced the original vaddis 3 chip/board for the vaddis 5. The vaddis 5 was needed for the DVD-A upgrade!

HTH

Matt

Andy.T

Established Member
Ahhh, k.

Thanks for clearing that up. :smashin:

RaceTripper

Standard Member
If a DV88 Plus is upgraded to the DV89, does the audio improve for the digital output (i.e. cinema DVDs) or is just an upgrade to add DVD-A capability?

IOW: if I don't care about DVD-A, is it worthwhile upgrading?

Dean

John Dawson

Established Member
There will be no material change to the quality of the SPDIF digital output if you upgrade a DV88 Plus to DV89 spec.

John Dawson (Arcam)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom