Dv 79

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Bello, Dec 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Bello

Bello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Happy Holidays to All,

Do i have to always push the set up button on the OSD to go back to the movie or song, or is there a bypass way to get back? It is kind of annoying to always have to use that extra step. Also, has anyone found an audible difference in placing the player in DVD Audio, rather than video in the OSD? Thanks!

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    I don't understand you first question but I will answer your second.

When set to DVD-Audio mode, the player will playback the high resolution MLP soundtrack which is available on DVD-Audio discs. This audio is only output via the analogue connections. You will need to connect three pairs of analogue interconnects from the player to your AV receiver to hear this audio track.

When set to DVD-Video, the player will act as if it does not have DVD-Audio capability. If you try to play a DVD-audio disc it will only playback the poorer quality Dolby Digital or DTS soundtrack on the disc and will ignore the prescence of the MLP soundtrack.

There is a big difference in the sound quality between the high resolution MLP soundtrack and the Dolby Digital one. However the perceived difference is also down you your own ears and the ability of the rest of your equipment to portray the differences.

3. Bello

Bello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Crustyloafer, I'm strictly playing "redbook" on the 79 so do you think i will notice a difference in sound with DVD Audio or Video selected on the OSD?

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    This setting does not affect CD playback at all.