1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV 79 - hazy picture

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by cramus, Jul 23, 2004.

1. cramus

cramus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my DV79 2 days ago, upgrading from a pioneer 668. It is connected to a sharp xvz 10000 via component. Watching the picture (Star wars, episode II, Region 2), it shows more detail and fantastic colours compared to the pioneer. However, I get the feeling that there is a kind of haze in front of the picture, which i have not experienced with the Pioneer.

I went into the setup and noticed that the text in the OSD, which is in yellow with a blue box behind when selected, has a kind of shadow behind. When I switch the progressive scan off, all the text appears in a mixture of white and yellow.

I wonder if this is an indication of where this problem comes from.

Since this was not the case with the pioneer, I want to know if this a default in the player or a faulty setup.

Thanks for your advice

2. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Sorry for you, the thing's a P.O.S., don't bother, sell it to me for 50%.
    Seriously now,
    This looks like a cable shielding fault, just use 3 good coax cables (normal RG59CU is fine) + metal plugs.
    Now I hear you hollering "I used the same cables on the Pio" - well it may be the BW is different (try connecting the DVD directly to the receiver).
    Yet to see a decent OSD apart from my Denon DVD-2900, so don't judge by that...
    Barend

3. AndyGo

AndyGo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yellowy green OSD is an interlaced thing. Clears up in PS.
    Nothing to worry about, I believe Arcam are doing a fix in a software upgrade for the future.

Cheers,

Andy