Dusty in Memphis

karkus30

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hey, dont knock it till you've heard it. I'm in a mellow mood. This is a great re-issue all that son of a preacher man and windmills of your mind. Fantastic voice, have to put her in the female artists thread.

Dusty In Memphis was a favourite of Declan McManus, he was strongly pushing it's importance to us over a pint of Higsons in The Grapes, Matthew Street, Liverpool while on his 1984 Goodbye Cruel World tour.
That was a fantastic night in Royal Court Theatre, his support act was The Pogues, ace :) .

Really like Dusty, Burt Bacharach has stated her versions of his songs are among his most treasured.

Originally posted by gringottsdirect
Dusty In Memphis was a favourite of Declan McManus, he was strongly pushing it's importance to us over a pint of Higsons in The Grapes, Matthew Street, Liverpool while on his 1984 Goodbye Cruel World tour.
That was a fantastic night in Royal Court Theatre, his support act was The Pogues, ace :) .

Really like Dusty, Burt Bacharach has stated her versions of his songs are among his most treasured.

Elvis Costello, you name dropper Gringotts. Well if he thinks its good, it is a definite recommend.

My Aim is True, This years Model and Armed Forces were brilliant albums, funny you reminding me as I havent played them for ages.

He was a major songwriting influence in the late 70s and 80s, fantastic stuff.

'Imperial Bedroom' - one of the GREAT unsung albums of all time! Just reissued as a superb double CD with loads of extras and spruced up sound...

Also recently reissued, probably the best of Dusty's latter day albums 'It Begins Again'...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom