Dusty in Memphis

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Nov 23, 2002.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Hey, dont knock it till you've heard it. I'm in a mellow mood. This is a great re-issue all that son of a preacher man and windmills of your mind. Fantastic voice, have to put her in the female artists thread.

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Dusty In Memphis was a favourite of Declan McManus, he was strongly pushing it's importance to us over a pint of Higsons in The Grapes, Matthew Street, Liverpool while on his 1984 Goodbye Cruel World tour.
    That was a fantastic night in Royal Court Theatre, his support act was The Pogues, ace :) .

Really like Dusty, Burt Bacharach has stated her versions of his songs are among his most treasured.

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Elvis Costello, you name dropper Gringotts. Well if he thinks its good, it is a definite recommend.

My Aim is True, This years Model and Armed Forces were brilliant albums, funny you reminding me as I havent played them for ages.

He was a major songwriting influence in the late 70s and 80s, fantastic stuff.

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Get Happy !, Punch The Clock, Imperial Bedroom and King Of America too :) .

5. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    'Imperial Bedroom' - one of the GREAT unsung albums of all time! Just reissued as a superb double CD with loads of extras and spruced up sound...

Also recently reissued, probably the best of Dusty's latter day albums 'It Begins Again'...