1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dust xg-e1200u

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by phazei, Apr 30, 2005.

1. phazei

phazei

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a Sharp XG-E1200U and I have a lot of dust blobs all over the screen.
    Mostly red, few yellow or green. If I twist it out of focus slightly you can see all the dots of dust perfectly. It's a liquid crystal lcd projector. I was wondering if there were any particular tips or suggestions anyone could give for this projector before taking it appart and dusting it out with a can of air... besides being very carefull.

If I need to wipe anything off, what should I use?

Oh, and I was wondering about dust in the air, when I open it up, isn't more dust going to get in? I took the front cover off and took off the front lense and tried to clean the back of it off, it seemed like as i wiped it off i couldn't help but get slight ambient dust in the air coming back on it... I used a clean soft washcloth to wipe it, then a glasses wipe towel, couldn't remove all the streaks perfectly...