Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dust under screen

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Chox1988, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,157
    Somehow dust is accumulating in the screen of my NW-HD1. Is there anyway to remove it.

Cheers.

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,428
    Take cover off? Although thats risky since D-pad is connected to the 'guts' by a cable.

Suppose you'll have to get used to it....?

3. alike

alike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have little dots under the screen on my hd3, i don't know wether to take it back to the shop or not (only had it a few months)....do you think they would take it back?

4. Mike_manchester

Mike_manchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) if it is noticable and distracting , then take it back under warrenty

2) is it really dust or could it be a dodgy screen where some of the pixels have gone pop ? - You can test this by inverting the screen to black on white or whichever from the options menu - does the "dust" now stand out ?

if so take it back under warrenty.

5. magician

magician
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I sent my HD3 back to Sony for the recall and it came back with a bit of fluff under the screen. I phoned Sony straight away and they apologised and said I could send it back for fixing.

A few weeks later I got an invoice from Sony for a "no fault found" repair and an invoice for £15! Plus they withheld my HD3 until payment :(

A couple of phone calls later i got the invoice cancelled and my HD3 back...fluff still in place. By this time i'd been without music for four weeks so I wasn't going to send it back again but it was frustrating that i returned a seemingly perfect (condition-wise) HD3 at Sony's request only for it to come back with a defect. :mad:

My advice - live with the dust, but you could try a can of compressed air through some holes.

Magic

PS - my ipod arrives this week :clap: