• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

dust under iphone 3gs screen

bulletmagnet

Hi, ive just noticed some specks of dust under the screen of my iphone 3gs, its 4 months old, what are the chances apple will remove the dust or replace the phone?

mvineet

The chances are high. go to a apple store. They might replace the phone alltogether for you with a brand new shiny phone. People might say refurbished, but 99% of the cases its brand new :)

bulletmagnet

thank you, i had it replaced a few months back as the signal was dropping on every call and they gave me a new one then so hopefully they may do the same

asimm

Have you looked at the bottom of the phone? There might be a small crack near the dock connector. This was a common(ish) problem on the 3G model but I haven't read about it on the 3G S. The crack loosens the case and dust gets in.
Anyway almost guaranteed that Apple will replace it and if you come to eBay it this will add to it's value.

bulletmagnet

ive got the new iphone ordered for release day so i will just sell this one whatever they decide but would rather sell it as new than as used.
booked an appointment tonight so i will see how it goes

asimm

Good luck. I am selling my 32g 3GS in a month or so as I think their prices might go up a little as the initial rush of sellers has died down and the 16g and 32g models become rarer.

V1CAR

Got some dust under my screen. Phoned Apple today and was told to make an appointment for the genius bar and they will more than likely replace it. It's a 3gs 32gb because they are only 8gb and 16gb new now what are the chances of them having a 32gb referb in stock for me to have? and if they haven't what are the chances of being given a 4 ?.......none i expect.

boylsie

they might give you an ip4 16gb you pay more or a 16gb 3gs with itunes vouchers?

i dont know but i doubt they will have many 32gb refurbs

Trune

Got some dust under my screen. Phoned Apple today and was told to make an appointment for the genius bar and they will more than likely replace it. It's a 3gs 32gb because they are only 8gb and 16gb new now what are the chances of them having a 32gb referb in stock for me to have? and if they haven't what are the chances of being given a 4 ?.......none i expect.

they have all previous models for warranty reasons.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom