Dust in Panny AE700 - how do I clean it?

jmbrailsford

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
noticed that I have quite a bit of dust in and on the lens of my Panny AE700 projector.

Anyone any tips on cleaning it, the dust outside the lens is my own fault for not replacing the cover after every use, laziness I know but it's ceiling mounted so I have an excuse.

However there is quite a bit of dust showing inside the lens as well and was wondering how to remove it.

Any help/tips gratefully received.

Mike.

jmbrailsford said:
Hi,
noticed that I have quite a bit of dust in and on the lens of my Panny AE700 projector.

Anyone any tips on cleaning it, the dust outside the lens is my own fault for not replacing the cover after every use, laziness I know but it's ceiling mounted so I have an excuse.

However there is quite a bit of dust showing inside the lens as well and was wondering how to remove it.

Any help/tips gratefully received.

Mike.

Also interested in this, as my AE100 has dust blobs that may well be in the lens as I've blasted the panels a few times and have had no luck in getting rid!

...so here's a plea also for hel...and a bump!!

its very difficult to remove dust from inside the lens, however you should not reall notice this dust on the projected image, dust on the panels is different it will show up as green,red or blue blobs depending on what panel they are on. Its easier to remove dust from here and its just a case of popping the the lid of and spraying into the 3 holes where the gold ribbons are attached(this is where the panels are). You use canned air for this and you bmust be very carefull using this to prevent any liquid propellant getting on the pannels. Search the forums there are guides on how to clean the poanaonic a300, the method used is similar with all lcd projectors.

Hi,
excellent, I will give it a go tomorrow if I can get a can of air locally.

Thanks,

Mike.

chic said:
its very difficult to remove dust from inside the lens, however you should not reall notice this dust on the projected image, dust on the panels is different it will show up as green,red or blue blobs depending on what panel they are on. Its easier to remove dust from here and its just a case of popping the the lid of and spraying into the 3 holes where the gold ribbons are attached(this is where the panels are). You use canned air for this and you bmust be very carefull using this to prevent any liquid propellant getting on the pannels. Search the forums there are guides on how to clean the poanaonic a300, the method used is similar with all lcd projectors.

I've done this 3 times already on my AE100 and they just won't go away this time!! I suppose I just keep trying.....but I was wondering if dust can get anywhere else that shows up as green blobs on screen?

Donnacha said:
I've done this 3 times already on my AE100 and they just won't go away this time!! I suppose I just keep trying.....but I was wondering if dust can get anywhere else that shows up as green blobs on screen?

i had the same problem with my a100, a trick is also to use the thin nozzle of a vacume cleaner near the panels as the will remove the dust you are spraying of the panel, anther tip is i was having problems removing the dust from my old a100 and i changed the can of air i used to one i got from jessops(the one with the screw on metal nozzle) this worked first time as the air jet was more powerful.

If it still doesnt go then it could be a problem i encountered with my first a100 which panasonic replaced for me, i got a couple of green blobs which no amount of dusting would remove, turned out it was a problem with the coating flaking off from the bulb and sticking to the panel, they replaced it but it was under warranty at the time.

Donnacha said:

Sounds like you might have to do more of a major strip down to get to your dust problem.

What have you tried so far.

cyberheater said:
Sounds like you might have to do more of a major strip down to get to your dust problem.

What have you tried so far.

Well, I've opened it up and blasted the panels with compressed air from a can about 3 times. It got rid of 1 blob (which was a recent addition) but the two that have been there for a while won't go.

Its way outta warranty now!! My old Panny did suffer from dust, but got rid of all of them eventually. I could keep trying. What else could I strip down?

...oh, sorry..i don't want to knick jmbrailsford's main thread, but its all around dust I suppose.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom