Dust Extractor - What sucks but doesn't suck?!

PsyVision

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my garage I'm using a number of power tools, table saw, mitre saw, router etc. and they all produce a lot of mess. I've previously tried to use a household vac to extract the dust but soon find this fails. Therefore I'm looking to see if anything better is out there without paying serious $$$.

Bosch Professional have this battery unit - Amazon product ASIN B075886SRD

Toolstation have this compact portable unit - Scheppach HD2P 1250W 3 in 1 Portable Vac 230V and its bigger brother - Scheppach HD12 550W 75L Dust Extractor 230V

I'm not too fussed on battery/portable/capacity but can obviously appreciate the benefits/drawbacks they may pose. But which would probably be better for the job in hand?

all problems solved.....
this is bulletproof, dust rubble, wet dry, bags take ages to fill, can plug your tool into the socket on top and the vacuum switches on/off when you switch the power tool on/off-very handy

It depends what is making the dust, if using mdf you want a better class of dust extractor.

It depends what is making the dust, if using mdf you want a better class of dust extractor.

Mmm I did see some were Class L etc. sometimes I'm cutting MDF but equally it could be treated timber, plywood etc. probably less likely MDF now.

l-class and has power tool take off
Its not just mdf that you shouldn’t be breathing in.

Battery powered I wouldn’t waste my time unless you have a couple of thousand to buy the Hilti version :)

same as screwfix one by the looks of it...badge engineering !
agree fantastic piece of kit

The screwix type one are fine for doing house renovations etc, but for joinery work you need one with a different type of filter.
I have two types, a Henry for cleaning up jobs and a Festool extractor to attach to my power tools.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom