1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dust blobs?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by smashed, Sep 14, 2005.

1. smashed

smashed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Hi, Hoping that somebody experienced can offer me some advice :)

My Pe5120 appears to have what look likes a big blur at the bottom of the screen, (probably about 10% of the width of screen). It is more noticeable in light scenes, and appears to move a little left and right.
    It also has a big vertical line going down the left side of the smudge, and is kind of rainbow coloured. When on a white background, the whole thing reminds me of a puddle of petrol/oil in the sun.
    Is this definitely a large dust blob? Its really annoying, and the definite coloured vertical line is particularly worrying.

I looked at the outside of the PJ and it has a lot of dust on the lens. It looks like it may have a few specs further in too, but not enough to cause such a distortion i doubt.

I hope it is just dust, but still worrying that it picks up dust so quickly.

Maybe I should do more dusting :p

Cheers for any responses :thumbsup:

2. merifon

merifon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I think my benq6100 has similar light path.
    One day a big dust blob appeared on screen. It was visible even looking in the lenses (with black glass to avoid eye damage... :cool: ), it was somewhere over the DMD. I gently use air duster around the lenses (do this with cold and powered off projector only), it was enough to move away dust.

3. smashed

smashed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Wahoo a response :)
    Cheers.

I guess I will just have to get an air can... and then risk takin the benq apart :eek:

4. smashed

smashed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Hmm... again I post a reply, and yet the front page of DLP & LCD Projectors states that there was just 1 response for Merifon :confused:
    I wonder if it will notice this post or still say 1

Added: IT now says 2 responses, but its 3. Weeeeird :suicide: