1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dust Blobs Pjtx100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by HAILOS, May 7, 2005.

1. HAILOS

HAILOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems to me regarding DUST BLOBS.
    These are only apparent on dark scenes ( which is still very annoying :( ).
    They change in size according to the focus, and changing the iris setting increases/decreases how bright they are. It I select an imput with no signal so that I get a blank screen, playing around with the focus shows loads of small green blobs across the screen. For my mind, it is obvious not the panels that have the dust, but further, in the lens.
    Anyone else had similar problems, and have any suggestions ??? I have tried the compressed air, and vacuuming around all the possible holes etc...No difference at all.
    Other than that, great projector, very pleased. ( while I'm here, any upgrade recommendations ???...if this is something I gota live with, i might be driven nuts !!)
    Many thanks!!

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,036
    Hi Hailos,

Did you remove the air filter and used the straw of the compressed air can all over the inside?

Chris :)

3. HAILOS

HAILOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for replying Chris,
    Yes, I did exactly that, very thoroughly...but to no avail..... :mad:

H

4. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,036
    Unfortunately I don't think you have much option other than to send it away for service. The lid is almost impossible to remove on the TX, which would have made access to the panels much easier. :(

5. HAILOS

HAILOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yes, I thinks thats what I need to do, as it should be covered by my warrenty anyway.
    Reason for posting this, was just to see a) if this was a common problem, and b) if there was a simple solution I could do, especially if this will might re-occure in the future.
    Thanks for relying anyway.. :thumbsup: