1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dust Blobs On PTAE200

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tom_nieto, Sep 9, 2004.

1. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got 3 dust blobs on my Panny AE200 and they're really beginning to annoy me. How do I get rid of them? Will a can of compressed air do the trick? Will propellant come out of it?

Also, how do I stop them coming back? Can I buy a better dust filter for it? Should I make my own filter with some tights or something. The fan will always be on high, so it should have a bit more sucking power.

2. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,256
    Although I have not worked out a way of doing it neatly yet (does it have to be neat?) I like the idea one user had

He got some carboard tube, put some sponge (as a filter) over one end, and a PC fan at the other end, then pointed this at the air intake.

Then (if you think about it) the filter is sucking in air that has already been thru a filter.

Even if your home made filter is not 100% it's still going to be a lot cleaner than the air in the room.

3. dek1965

dek1965

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    use the search function, as there are several threads on how to remove blobs with compressed air

4. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i've had a look through some of the threads and I'm still unclear about whether I have to unscrew the thing or just get a can and give it some hard blasts of air into the intake vent (filter off).

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You need to take the cover off and squirt the air (making sure there's no propellant coming out) directly where the LCD panels are..... Check out Calibos' detailed instructions in This Thread - the search function at the top of the page can turn up loads of useful stuff ;)

I've put a link to that thread in the FAQ.

S.

6. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    This is probably the thread you meant to link to Sean

Here

7. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I did read that, but it didn't seem to cure a whole lot... I might send it back to panasonic, although buying a can of spray air is a lot cheaper and easier. If I really break it I've got contents insurance :p