1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dust blob-how can you prevent them and how to cure them

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fred123go, Oct 21, 2003.

1. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,
    I have bought the AE-200 from komplett and i am very very very pleased with the picture, for what i paid anyway, :)...moving on anyway i have heard about dust blobs that can occur from a build up of dust or something, can someone tell me how i can prevent it happening and how to remove it..if it comes to me having to as i have seen some members having trouble with it.
    Cheers for any input guys
    Fred

2. Cambo

Cambo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    When I replaced my dust filter on my VW11 HT a spec of dust got in... I even hovered around the old filter before I replaced it. One just found it's way in:(
    To cure it you have to dismantle the outer case and spray compressed air around the LCD plates.
    If you do a search on these forums you should get plenty of info on this senerio - including my plea for help!!!

3. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Don't think you can really prevent it. You could try living in a Michael Jackson bubble :D