• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Dussun amp / Integra RDC7 processor

Rich

I've got a Integra processor at the moment, which use the Dussun as a power amp, the problem is with this, although the Integra is a cracking processor, the CD player has to go through the it, which I think degrades the sound compared to just using the dussun as an integrated amp and even more so going from CD player(which has an inbuilt volume control) straight through to the Dussun's power amp, bypassing the pre-amp.

I'm thinking of upgrading to HD-DVD/Blu-Ray quite soon and was wondering how I might get the HD sound.....which the Integra will not process. The obvious choice is to do away with the processor and use the Dussuns power amps analogue inputs.

Has anyone any other suggestions.......maybe a double phono cable on the front channels (one set for the CD/one set for the DVD's front channels), I'm not sure if that would work, has anyone tried this?

Rich

The Integra has 5.1 channel input through a DB25-RCA cable, which I don't have, so I've never tried it.
If I was to pass through the 5.1 signal, I'd send it straight to the Dussun amp, which has a 5.1 input (using it as either a integrated or power amp)
The way to get the best out of my system, is to connect everything straight to the Dussun amp, which would mean getting rid of the processor, I wanna make sure there isn't something I've missed before the system overhaul.

Paul Smith

Hi,
It's probably not of interest but I actually have a spare DB25 - 5.1 cable around somewhere:rolleyes:, if you want to try it.

I also have a DB25 - 7.1 cable (I made two of these, one of which went to another Integra RDC7 owner to use with his 7.1 input), although I should probably keep mine to use in the future with my Onkyo.

Paul.

Hi,
It's probably not of interest but I actually have a spare DB25 - 5.1 cable around somewhere:rolleyes:, if you want to try it.

I also have a DB25 - 7.1 cable (I made two of these, one of which went to another Integra RDC7 owner to use with his 7.1 input), although I should probably keep mine to use in the future with my Onkyo.

Paul.

Hi Paul - if this is still going, I'm willing to pay for it...I have the Integra processor also. I have one already but need to to run HD DVD & Blu-ray into a DB25 splitter and then into the pre-amp...I only need the 5.1 one BTW...

dts_boy

wow! that processor looks cool, i've always liked onkyo stuff and now they gone and released, what i think, is one of the first next gen audio format processors?! i hope this comes to our shores, i've still not bothered with hd-dvd and bluray until u can get a processor to do a decent job of decoding and acting as a central switch point. hmm, i sense me having to start saving again...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom