Duralight Ropelight...s it dimmable ?

tmurphy

Got to the point of my floating wall install where the frame is well and truly bolted to the wall.

Managed to persuede other half that some back lighting would look good (thanks to Groove's pics which finally got her to give the nod!)

I see most people use Duralight Ropelights from TLC but i cant see anywhere stating that it is dimmable, it just comes with a power connector for one end of the rope.

If they are dimmable can i insert something into the power lead after the plug? Does such a thing exist?

tony

nbaker

Novice Member
Yes they are dimmable and Groove explained how he did his somewhere in his long thread.

The easy way is to buy a remote plug in dimmer such as the B&Q Home Easy Dimmer:
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9686503&fh_view_size=6&fh_start_index=6&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=home+easy+dimmer&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1211757739510&isSearch=true

Personally I don't think a dimmer is needed as the light is not that bright anyway, especially if you have a 4-5cm overhang on your floating wall.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom