• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Duplicating mini DV tapes back onto DV tape?

Matt05

Standard Member
Hi all
Just found this forum and looks a good source of information... so heres my question.
I have a lot of mini DV tapes and i need to make a back up copy of each tape for myself. I know i can import the footage from the originals into Premiere and then export them back onto a fresh DV tape but that is too time consuming as i need to return the tapes soon. Is there a machine similar to a "double cassete tape deck (remember those!) which would do the job? Copying to VHS would loose to much quality and my hard disks are full with AVIs at present. Would buying another camcorder work if i linked the 2 together to copy the tapes?

MarkE19

If your camcorder has DV-in and AV-in then you should have a record button on the cam! The AV-in is often used to connect a bullet cam, so you need the record button for this.
I've never bothered to backup my DV tapes as I just edit on the PC and create a DVD and then store the origional tapes along with a DV backup of the edits. Belt & braces :D

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom