1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicating mini DV tapes back onto DV tape?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Matt05, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Matt05

Matt05
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    Just found this forum and looks a good source of information... so heres my question.
    I have a lot of mini DV tapes and i need to make a back up copy of each tape for myself. I know i can import the footage from the originals into Premiere and then export them back onto a fresh DV tape but that is too time consuming as i need to return the tapes soon. Is there a machine similar to a "double cassete tape deck (remember those!) which would do the job? Copying to VHS would loose to much quality and my hard disks are full with AVIs at present. Would buying another camcorder work if i linked the 2 together to copy the tapes?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    If your camcorder has DV-in and AV-in then you should have a record button on the cam! The AV-in is often used to connect a bullet cam, so you need the record button for this.
    I've never bothered to backup my DV tapes as I just edit on the PC and create a DVD and then store the origional tapes along with a DV backup of the edits. Belt & braces :D

Mark.

3. Matt05

Matt05
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. I picked a new cam with DV in which was on offer and it works fine.