Duplicate PC display to TV with HDMI?

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by Guinea85, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Guinea85

Guinea85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok. So I have an HF 6970 as my GPU. It is outputting a triple monitor display (2 DVI's and 1 DisplayPort adapter - active, for the third display). That works fine. I am trying to get one of my displays to be duplicated on my TV, which is a few rooms away.

My idea is this: I would like to have my GPU outputting the same displays as usual. I would like to take an extra long HDMI cable (RedMere probably) and run it from the motherboard all the way through the attic, to the receiver. Would I be able to configure my computer to output it's normal triple monitor display via the GPU; and then have my motherboard output via the HDMI, the same display that is being displayed on a specific monitor (my 3rd for instance)? Is this possible? And if so, would I be able to duplicate the audio from my computer as well, out to my computer speakers and also out via the HDMI cable on the motherboard, so the audio gets sent to my computer?

2. Guinea85

Guinea85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I am in the wrong forum? I thought this might be a good place to ask..

3. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    The video would be tricky, but the audio nearly impossible I imagine.