dunks517's self-build and digital home install

Hi there, not many changes for a while. We're on the cusp of redecorating the lounge and a bit of tinkering here and there.

Oh, I have replaced my Sony STR-475 that has done sterling service for the past ten years a Denon AVR-2308:

74007-albums1884-picture9963.jpg

74007-albums1884-picture9964.jpg

I just need to install the pair of Kef CI-100R speakers sat in the garage into the ceiling and do away with those Sony cubes.

Last edited:
Do please indulge me for digging this thread up from last August! I have finally got round to ditching my old Sony speakers in the Family room and replaced them with some Kef in-ceiling speakers. The Kinect for the Xbox 360 has also been fitted with the Nyco Kinect lens that widens the angle and enables the Kinect to work in smaller rooms. Excuse the strange wires and light positions, it is Christmas after all!

Duncs

image-1306339915.jpg

image-3159523837.jpg

Hi Dunks

I see your still messing about up their, same here though mate

we`ll have to try and catch up again this year if poss, if you`re down this way again pop in.

happy new year to you

Allan

Fantastic. Very modern but also very homely at the same time, a combination that's not easy to do. I have seen a few ultra modern looking décor on these pages that look more like stores than somewhere you would live.

Hi Dunks,

Great looking pad :smashin:

What 2:8 speaker switch have you used. I have bits of posts in varies places as have had a few ideas, but am trying to do multi room audio with 1 amp in my server rack, and ceiling speakers in most rooms and controlling if from my Iphone. My initial idea was run cat5 to next to all light switches and back to the server cabinet (for future screens), along with speaker wire from next to light switches to at this stage just put a volume control then wire from that to the ceiling speakers in that room, the speaker wire runs from volume control back to main hub where there will be an amp wired to a pc running Itunes, and music will be controlled from an app on Iphone. All speakers into a speaker switch and to connect to the amp (hope this makes sense) Any help is appreciated. I have since seen a thread from C13UGG using an O2 Joggler with Squeeze on it and it looks cool :cool:

Thanks,

Rick.

Rick2102 said:
Hi Dunks,

Great looking pad :smashin:

What 2:8 speaker switch have you used. I have bits of posts in varies places as have had a few ideas, but am trying to do multi room audio with 1 amp in my server rack, and ceiling speakers in most rooms and controlling if from my Iphone. My initial idea was run cat5 to next to all light switches and back to the server cabinet (for future screens), along with speaker wire from next to light switches to at this stage just put a volume control then wire from that to the ceiling speakers in that room, the speaker wire runs from volume control back to main hub where there will be an amp wired to a pc running Itunes, and music will be controlled from an app on Iphone. All speakers into a speaker switch and to connect to the amp (hope this makes sense) Any help is appreciated. I have since seen a thread from C13UGG using an O2 Joggler with Squeeze on it and it looks cool :cool:

Thanks,

Rick.

Cheers Rick

Hi, I was recently using a Musica S6 speaker switch but that has died for some reason so I switched back to my old Qed 1:3 switch. Have you looke at Sonos or perhaps the Apple Airport Express?

Rader123 said:
Fantastic. Very modern but also very homely at the same time, a combination that's not easy to do. I have seen a few ultra modern looking décor on these pages that look more like stores than somewhere you would live.

Thanks, it is very 'homely' when my daughter is home from school. Teenagers eh?

nothings been mentioned Dunks as yet but i`ll let you know

Allan :smashin:

Very good!

I've already forewarned my Mrs that when we get our next house closer to where I work, it needs a garden big enough to take a hot tub.

I didn't install my Bose speakers in the garden for them to play for blades of grass...psh!

craigizmo2k2 said:
Very good!

I've already forewarned my Mrs that when we get our next house closer to where I work, it needs a garden big enough to take a hot tub.

I didn't install my Bose speakers in the garden for them to play for blades of grass...psh!

We, well I have decided to put some new speakers in the garden for the summer, they will go on either side of the image above at the bottom of the eaves. I'm not sure what to get but probably around the £150 pair mark.

Duncs

We, well I have decided to put some new speakers in the garden for the summer, they will go on either side of the image above at the bottom of the eaves. I'm not sure what to get but probably around the £150 pair mark.

Duncs

I personally love my Bose 101 speakers, I actually used them in the bedroom for a while and the big Mission bookshelves which replaced them in there don't really sound a huge amount different. I got 4 of them from eBay for about 40 quid, so I got a very good deal.

Obviously, they aren't disguised - unless they're the same colour as the material they're mounted against, they will stick out. If you're an audio nerd like myself, that won't bother you, though.

Dunks loving your build. Have just read all 23 pages, I am hoping to complete on a bungalow which I will be extend along the rear , side and loft and will be rewiring/networking etc too.

You've given me lots of inspiration.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom