Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

HMV Exclusive Edition: HMV

Release date: 31/07/2023

D&D_HAT_4K.jpg

HMV Exclusive Edition (6 Art Cards/Slipcover):
D&D_HAT_4K (HMV ex).jpg

D&D_HAT_4K (HMV ex) (packshot).jpg

Steelbook thread: Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves (2023) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Attachments

• D&D_HAT_4K (back).jpg
    D&D_HAT_4K (back).jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
So strange that these releases are announced before the film is even in the cinema. used to be such a long time from cinema -> rental -> Sky -> home video.

Have heard mostly negative things about this one. Male characters are apparently the butts of most jokes, need saving, incompetent, etc.

So strange that these releases are announced before the film is even in the cinema. used to be such a long time from cinema -> rental -> Sky -> home video.

Have heard mostly negative things about this one. Male characters are apparently the butts of most jokes, need saving, incompetent, etc.
Seriously? That's what is being picked up on?

Seriously? That's what is being picked up on?
Yes, it's getting negative press for that. It was compared to other unpopular fantasy adaptions with similar issues, like Rings of Power and Wheel of Time (as well as already cancelled Willow), it's a fair concern I suppose.

The other main criticism that I've seen was the "Whedon-esque" quippy dialogue/banter, undermining drama at every opportunity with glibness and snark.

That's all I really know, those were the main two issues highlighted. I think it releases this week, Thursday or Friday, so we'll find out more once the public start to watch it.

Heard almost resoundingly positive word on this one tbh. I guess if you’re only looking at certain types of ‘media’ you’ll only hear certain things.

Heard almost resoundingly positive word on this one tbh. I guess if you’re only looking at certain types of ‘media’ you’ll only hear certain things.
Yes I've only seen positive things about this too.

But anything to give the less endowed brigade something to moan about I guess. If it doesn't have a straight white male leading it then it's probably the W word.

All the movies of recent seem to get great reviews until they come out. Then when the general public has their say and everything changes. I try now to go in thinking I'm going to see something average that way I'm not too disappointed when it sucks. Or alternatively it is better than expected and I come away pleased.

All the movies of recent seem to get great reviews until they come out. Then when the general public has their say and everything changes. I try now to go in thinking I'm going to see something average that way I'm not too disappointed when it sucks. Or alternatively it is better than expected and I come away pleased.
I think thats especially the case with the "influencer" pre-release reviews you see on twitter, they are usually gushing with praise and never negative, afraid of losing their early access.

From the trailers it seems as if the film is very much in the style of the MCU with superhero-esque type characters, a ton of CGI and corny one liners, I was hoping it would have its own separate style but seems like they used Marvel movies as a template, from what the trailers are like at least. I was looking forward to this being something fresh and different from the superhero formula, I will wait for the general public reviews and decide from then whether to watch in the cinema, wait for the 4K or not bother at all.

Now up for pre-order, including steelbook.
OP updated.

Not the case here, plenty of official reviews been out there for some time.

I think thats especially the case with the "influencer" pre-release reviews you see on twitter, they are usually gushing with praise and never negative, afraid of losing their early access.

From the trailers it seems as if the film is very much in the style of the MCU with superhero-esque type characters, a ton of CGI and corny one liners, I was hoping it would have its own separate style but seems like they used Marvel movies as a template, from what the trailers are like at least. I was looking forward to this being something fresh and different from the superhero formula, I will wait for the general public reviews and decide from then whether to watch in the cinema, wait for the 4K or not bother at all.
Nope this is has been universally loved by the critics.

I watched this a couple of weeks ago at a Cineworld secret screening, and enjoyed it.

Very enjoyable this one. Who doesn’t love an over weight dragon, I said that to missus, she didn’t find it funny.
Happily pick this up on disc.

I’ve not seen this but I feel the need to support it so that we get more non-marvel movies 😂

HMV exclusive slipcover edition (includes 6 art cards) now up for pre-order.
OP updated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom