1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dune??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MrFurious, Mar 17, 2001.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,493
    Has anyone seen this miniseries and if so is it good,i have allready oredered the dvd from play but would like to know your views on the series first.thanks in advance...

------------------
    http://iamadvdaddict.homestead.com/dvdlist.html

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    If its reviews you want cut and paste this link to your address bar, it has tons of reviews, some good some bad. After reading the reviews myself I decided not to buy this DVD on the grounds that it would ruin my vision created by the first movie, which I loved.

It seems youll either love or hate the series, but that went for the first movie too.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000059H6K/qid=984863650/sr=1-1/ref=sc_d_2/107-3356527-5798918

Regards Kev.

------------------
    Is he the one?

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The US release of Frank Herberts Dune is not all that was promised,

Artisan promised an anamorophic trasnfer, DD5.1, new Directors Cut and loads of extras.

What they have produced is somewhat different, it is non-anamorphic, not DD5.1, not a directors cut and has minimal extras.

The reason Artisan have given is detailed at The Digital Bits, basically the director demanded a 6 figure payment to do the good version which Artisan refused to pay, so the director refused them access to the anamorphic prints. the 5.1 stems, the additional footage and the extras (inc trailers)

Luckly a German company paid the director and they will be getting the SE release, lets hope they include the english track as well.

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,408
    Looking forward to seeing this myself - please let us know what it's like.
    And this post is proof that we can reply to the topics here.