Dune TV101 WiFi performance - opinions please :)

jetsetjimbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the experiences of anyone that's bought a TV101 with the built in wireless?

I know streaming HD stuff over wifi is pretty hit and miss even on a wireless N connection, especially with uncompressed files.

Just wondering how people are getting on with the wifi of the 101, if there's anyone even using it.

I'm thinking of cancelling my 301 order for a 101. I would then look to get a 301 (or similar) at some point in the future and move the 101 upstairs where it'd be running on wifi.

Thanks

I'll try and dig out a 101aw this afternoon and give it a whirl. its location is close to the router for testing, but I may be able to move it into the living room and see in there too. no promises though, a tad busy at the mo :)

Thanks graham. In the mean time someone might be along that has some experience...

If you want to use the TV101 to view uncompressed BD rips then I would suggest you look at connecting it via Homeplugs rather than WiFi.
Having a good enough signal will be down to many things such as other routers in your area on the same or even adjacent channels, the construction of your home, distance from router to player etc etc etc. So even another TV101 user getting perfect playback via WiFi is not going to proove anything for you in your home.

Mark.

tis dire :(

It played MKV rips of films and TV series fine across wifi, but in my house even wifi N isnt that good and it refused to play even DVD ISOs with stutttttering more than Stttttutering Stttttanly

home plugs is the way to go if you want to use ISOs. mmmmm perhaps I should put some up on the Dune accessories page :)

That's a shame. Homeplugs are awful in my house. I have some Zyxel 200mbp ones and if memory serves correct iperf results were pretty poor.

I get much better speeds with wireless N. I can stream compressed 1080 rips ~8gb from a laptop running PS3 media server on wireless N. My router is decent though, a Cisco E4200.

My fear is that the wireless adapter in the Dunes just isn't upto the job of wireless N. :(

It may well work fine in your house. I use wifi cameras and had to add repeaters in various parts to boost the signal. It's a new build so all the internal plaster board walls have tinfoil for heat retention but play havoc with a wifi signal

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom